- A bride who eloped without telling anyone, because she still wants to have a "real" wedding later
- A former wedding photographer who observes that weddings often grow because the mother of the bride wants to give her daughter the wedding she never had
- A woman who was married in Vegas by an Elvis impersonator while wearing a dress made of balloons
- A wedding officiant who talks about how peer pressure influences the style and cost of weddings—and how little the wedding cost has to do with the quality of the marriage
- A bride who explains how planning her wedding at the last minute actually helped her get discounts
I was also pleased to see that at least one other couple (the one with the farm wedding) shares my ecofrugal perspective, as the groom describes “Delicious, organic and local food and drink. Reduced, reused and recycled everything. Emphasis on the ‘reduced’ — which saves money!” Yeah, ecofrugal brother—testify!